Monday, May 27, 2013

Heaven-Blessed

You know, I like to think that I have a fair amount of faith.

I mean, I've lived through a few things, had a few trials, picked up a few battle scars along the way. I pray, read my Bible, encourage my friends with Scriptural promises. Sure, I have faith.

Until I'm asking for things for me.

Sure, I ask. Yes, I want God to do things for me. But the way I ask sure isn't faith-filled all the time. I ask and remind and then try not to get my hopes up.

What sort of faith is that?!?

This weekend, I felt like God was laughing at me, Ephesians 3 style: "Really, daughter? You're trying not to get your hopes up? Watch this."

Not only did He provide my wedding dress (affordably!), not only did He give me flowers at half price, but He threw in a veil at 50% off and a pretty little headband basically for free!

I'm still astounded.
Amazed.
Grateful.

So grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good reminder dear cousin! And I am so excited for you as your wedding plans come together!! So looking forward to that special day coming up just around the corner! You are going to the most beautiful bride ever!!

    ReplyDelete