Thursday, May 16, 2013

37


This morning, my radio alarm switched on just in time for me to hear that the national legislature is working on changing Obamacare again. According to the report, this is the thirty-seventh time they have repealed or amended one part of the bill or another.

What a way to start the morning! Hearing about my tax dollars getting used to address the same problem thirty-seven times over, thanks to that one fateful bill they passed way back in Obama’s first term. I wish those politicians would be more careful about what they do.

I mean, I’ve never done something that dumb. Nuh-uh. Not me. No way.

Except for that one sinful habit . . . or those couple idols . . . 

Naw, that’s completely different.

To get a habit or an idol, you have to first reject the idea, then look again, then nudge it with your toe. Then you back up from it, look away, glance back, move closer. Try it just once . . .

That doesn’t sound like the democratic process of persuasion at all. Does it?

Of course, there’s the aftermath, when I realize it wasn’t as good or benevolent as it looked from the outside. The times when I repent and start fresh just to fall again.

Yeah, that might look a little like their scramble over in Washington. But at least it doesn’t take me thirty-seven times to get it right! I’m better than that, right?


Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment